Accounting is a field that requires attention and presence of mind because every matter is a delicate manner. A slight mistake in the digits, the number of zeroes or the decimals can lead to blunders. Accounting is concerned with some serious risks. Each of them is capable to turn the matters into an unpleasant direction. We will briefly look into the most common risks of accounting.
- Leakage of data: Due to any crisis, your or your employee can leak the most confidential information of your client. This usually happens when you don’t install security software or don’t have firewall upgraded. Many times a careless mistake such as losing your laptop or mistakenly exchanging the data on a public platform can expose your client’s data. Moreover, in case serious competent hacking issues often come to surface. Therefore very strict security issues must be taken when dealing with data and information that costs a fortune to a company. Otherwise, you and your company will have to pay for your one tiny mistake.
- Sued for errors and losses: Although it seems very unfair it is fair. Your clients depend on you for good business consultation and professional suggestion. In the case of giving them a bad idea or wrong suggestion, their business can suffer a huge loss. This would put you in trouble because you were responsible for the advice. Thus, proper communication correct bookkeeping is essential at the time of client consultation.
- Client injury at your office: This one might put you off the edge but this risk really exists. Do you know if your client faces an injury at your office who is supposed to pay all the hospital bills and face the charges? You. Make sure your office is safe and secure enough and there is no as such risk where a client can injure himself. Still, if someone trips over the wires or bumps into a wall or glass door you get to handle everything from the ambulance service to the hospital dues.
- Natural or manmade calamity: Weather, fire, earthquake destruction or any other calamity can cause you a loss of almost everything. You might have hundreds of clients depending on your for their daily progress. When such calamity happens, the insurance company comes in for the rescue.
- Health issues: An accountant is, after all, a human. Constant work can give them a severe backache as well as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.